Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less



My name is Holly, but almost everyone calls me Holls. For the duration of my life I've had a nickname; different ones for different stages.

I grew up in the country. My childhood was spent my riding bikes, climbing trees, building forts, riding horses, always playing outside. This simple upbringing is something that I'll be forever thankful for. These days I spend my time in the city & love it. I'm thankful that I've been able to experience the best of both worlds.

Speaking up growing up... my parents really deserve a big THANK YOU. I don't know how I got so lucky to be their kid, but I did. They are the most honest, trustworthy, kindest, generous & most supportive people on the planet. They've been the best role models & I hope to raise my kids the same way they raised me.

I also can't forget to mention my sister. I really won the sister lottery with that one. She is the most selfless person & is a shining example of what a sister should be. Growing up we didn't realize that we had a built-in best friend in each other - it took us a little longer to realize that. But when we did, we became best friends.

The story of my life could really go on to be pages & pages. I could ramble on about different jobs I've held, what I learned in college, how I dealt with a bad break-up... all defining moments in my life, no doubt. But they story of my life is really shaped by the people that I love & choose surround myself with.

---

Okay, that is 274 words, I went over the limit. But trust me, it was a struggle to get that few... I could've wrote pages & pages about the story of my life. So many instances over the course of my life have helped shape me into the person I am today, but my family first & foremost have been always been there to guide me along the way - helping me write the story of my life.

Check out Jenni's blog & what others are linking up, here!

Comments

  1. Love you sister! We do have the best parents ever <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also doing the blog challenge and I too have an awesome sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats really sweet to mention your sister and her commenting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. found you through the blog every day in may challenge! lovely story, my sisters my best friend too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment