Day 2: Trying to Convince you I'm Good at Something...

Thursday, May 2, 2013


Okay, I really had to think about this one. I'm not one to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm really good at... Cooking! Was that a lame answer? Whatever, it's true! I cook for Luke & I almost every single night when we get home from work & on the weekends, too. Unless we have one of those lazy days where Thai take-out sounds like a better idea... Seriously though, I can usually be found in the kitchen whipping up something delicious! I keep meaning to take more pictures & share recipes on the blog, but the lighting isn't usually that good by the time dinner is ready (now that's really thinking like a blogger, isn't it?) or I'm really just hungry & can't wait to eat! Well since I've been slacking on sharing food photos & what not, I thought I'd share some of my favorite meals that I've recently made for Luke & myself. I tried to find similar recipes to what I've been making lately & have linked them below. When I make something, I very loosely follow a recipe as I always like to put my own spin on our meals - or I just completely make it up as I go! Usually I get it right... although there was this one time, this one meal, I can't even talk about it - it was horrific. Okay, I better stop right there, I'm supposed to tell you I'm good at something, not bad at it :) Well without further ado... what we've been making & loving lately... (and as soon as a few more hours get added to the day, I might find some time to share some recipes of my own...)

Black Bean Burgers
Roasted Butternut Squash & Black Bean Tostados
Spring Onion Potato Salad
Lemony Orzo with Grilled Chicken
Grilled Salmon with Citrus Salsa
Baked Coconut Shrimp
Edamame Puree
White Bean Burgers with Roasted Red Peppers
Rockfish Ceviche
Panzanella Salad
Baked Chicken Egg Rolls

2 comments:

  1. Mmm the white bean burger looks delicious. I'm still trying to figure what I convince people I'm good at for today's prompt. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baked Coconut Shrimp....shut the front door. I might try that tonight!!

    ReplyDelete