travel the world

Saturday, May 4, 2013



I've been thinking about this quote a lot lately. I have a million places on my travel list. If money weren't an option I'd visit all of them as soon as possible & start right now. But alas, my reality is that I need to save up & I only have a limited number of vacation days that I can use through work.

The majority of my traveling has been inside of the United States & I feel lucky to have visited quite a few places (some favorites are: Boston, NYC, Chicago, New Orleans, San Francisco, San Diego, Miami, Denver). My favorite thing to do in a new city is to go in with no plans, just wander around & live like the locals do. My best way of immersing myself in another surrounding is to just embrace everything about it.

As dramatic as this sounds, my heart aches to visit Europe so much; it's true though. I can't even tell you how happy I am going to be once I finally make it over there. As soon as I step foot off the plane, it's going to be a dream fulfilled. I can't wait for the day that I can walk around the streets of Paris & eat fresh pasta & drink large amounts of red wine in Italy (because those two places are number one and two on our list right now).

I know there is so much more to the world than what we see in our day-to-day lives. There is so much to learn, so much to see. The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page. In the next few years we hope to have a a few chapters read in our travel book.


3 comments:

  1. i love a good travel quote. I avhe to make it back to Europe too. It is just pure magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel Holly! People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them that my heart literally aches to go to Europe, specifically Paris. It's been a lifelong dream of mine. We'll get there soon, and it's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you, lady! I've got the wanderlust something wicked and feeling trapped by my bank account can be so frustrating. But all in good time! There is so much world to see and making the choice to get out there and experience it is something not everyone gets the chance to do (or even WANTS to do) but for those who crave it, there is a feast just waiting for us!

    ReplyDelete