Back in Sea-Town

I'm back in Seattle after a great weekend in JAX, FL (look for a post about my weekend very soon!) It feels like I've been outta town on mini-vacations every free weekend I can get out! This summer has gone by so fast I've hardly had time to breathe! My life has been consumed with working (when the team is in town it usually eats up my weekends - not a bad thing at all by the way!) So far I've done a few trips to see the friends in Portland, a trip to Phoenix in July (made it twice this year, woo hoo!), Whidbey Island a few weeks ago and JAX, Florida last weekend.

I'll be in the NW until another vacation in December. Most likely will make a trip or two to Portland (going to need some time with my girlies!) and a Leavenworth trip with Erica (got to visit that funky little Baravian village!). I'm definately looking forward to staying in Seattle for the next few months and getting to know even more about the city and my little neighborhood. The Fremont Oktoberfest is this weekend (going on Friday with some work friends and volunteering on Saturday), next weekend the parents are in town for the Seafood Feast and it's my final Hometand of the season, which is a little bittersweet for me. Lots of changes coming up in the next few weeks --> months.

When I was out in JAX, I didn't want to leave because it was so hot and tropical (so different from the NW, it was great to experience a different lifestyle for a long weekend). I was with one of my best friends and met some other great people along the way. After a long day of traveling on Monday (thank God the time change was in my favor this time around) I was actually very happy to be back in the NW. I took the bus from the airport --> Safeco --> Home. The bus is a long ride home, but takes you through the busiest and greatest little places through Seattle; places that I hope to get to know even better here. It's a very eclectic city with very interesting people (even more so when you ride the bus). It's all these little things about Seattle that have made me fall in love with it here :-) I've been meeting lots of cool people (here and all over the world) those that live elsewhere, I'm glad there are sites like Facebook and Couch Surfing to help keep in touch, which I've been really good at lately! I wish all these people lived closer, but happy their doing their own things! :-)

It's a great feeling when everything seems to be falling right into place. When you can look around with a smile on your face and know that you are in the right place and look forward to the unexpected. I'm so happy I'm here :-)

Loves,
Holls

Comments

  1. I'm so happy that you came to visit me in Jacksonville. You have been my favorite visitor so far (pay no attention to the fact that you were my first!!). I had an amazing time catching up on my Hollz time and having wonderful adventures exploring my new coast. Looking forward to seeing your dedicated post on Jacksonville vacations :) Come back anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment