That's what I'm trying to do, and do better in 2009! With all these sites (Facebook, Myspace, gmail, blogs, Sports Marketing 2.0, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc...) It can take up your whole day staying connected and building your professional network! I'm starting to switch gears and be more professional with my social networking pages...
- I have recently downsized my gmail chat to only include co-workers and working professionals in my field (It was too much of a distraction for me at work and I was losing focus easily). Although, I'm not really chatting on it much anyways.
- Myspace is pretty much non-existent for me.
- Facebook is starting to become more of a networking tool for me and a place to connect with other professionals and share things that happen in the sports world with my networks.
- Twitter (still trying to get into it - I'm getting there!)
- LinkedIn - Has great groups and good discussion boards that I'm getting more involved in
I did not make any New Years Resolutions this year, but I did set some goals for myself... I have no timeline to complete anything, I just want to work harder professionally. You have no idea how huge the world of Sports PR and Sports Marketing is until you completely dive into it. It's a great place for me to be right now, it's a great fit for where I am in my career. I don't want my job to be something that I just show up at every day. It's a huge part of my life and I have the opportunity to make something bigger of my situation here and I intend on doing that!