Southern Living

grits... sweet tea... cornbread... fried okra... peach cobbler... country music... southern drawls... barbecue & etc...

I discovered a new (well new to me) magazine that I will be subscribing to, shortly! Southern Living. If you know me well, you know that I love (or am slightly obsessed) with everything that is southern!

Most everyone that I have had a conversation with about the south hates in there. Not me! When I drive around listening to country music in my car on a sunny day - I wish I could transport myself to South Carolina (or other comparable location) nibble on a southern breakfast of white cheddar grits, sip some sweet tea - then wander around little country towns.

Someday I will get to go to Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, because it didn't happen last time. And someday I'll get to go to Memphis and eat "real" barbecue... But for now I can get some recipes from Southern Living and pretend.

I've been to a few places in the south and have thoroughly enjoyed my time there (Houston, Texas - New Orleans, Louisiana - Savannah, Georgia) I just love how different it is than where I am from. I love the southern style (think Southern Belle and not hillbilly, ok!) and I love getting inspired to incorporate the southern lifestyle into my own! Sounds like the magazine is perfect for me... ;)

Comments