It's like Christmas morning x10!

I got myself a new... a new cammy! After conducting A LOT of research & stashing away some funds for quite a while I was finally able to get myself what I've been wanting for years! 
[not that it took years of savings, I just finally decided it was time to buy]
So, without further ado, her it is:


I went with the Canon Rebel! I was debating between this and the Olympus Pen for quite a bit. They are both two completely different cameras, with some very different qualities, I just needed to decide which were more important for my photographic needs. I went with one of the lesser expensive models because A) I didn't want to spend a fortune [after already spending half a grand on this one] and B) I'm not trying to take my photography to a professional level. I'm 100% positive that this camera and myself will make for a great fit!

I've had a Canon before & loved it [a much cheaper digital version, Canon PowersShot A510].  This camera was purchased early on in college & unfortunately I didn't take good care of it. I tossed it, scratched it, dropped it, etc. You name it, I abused it. It's cracked now & the lens doesn't open and close... But surprisingly still excellently works! AND after taking a photography class in college [the best class of my life] I grew to appreciate how well constructed a Canon camera is. I was using an AE-1 35mm [borrowed from my Aunt Holly], but still, I grew somewhat loyal to Canons during this time. I hope to own my own AE-1 someday & construct my own darkroom to develop my own prints... someday!

I have to give a shout out to Luke [best boyfriend ever] for driving all the way out to the suburbs to find the only store that seemed to have it in stock & purchasing this for me! I live in Washington [where we have to pay sales tax] & Luke is down in Oregon [where sales tax does not exist] so this was VERY nice of him :) THANKS BF!

I CAN'T WAIT to take this camera out and about & start snapping away!


<3 Holly


***I should also mention that this was one of my goals on my 30 before 3o list***

Comments

  1. That is so exciting! And yay for him getting the camera for you - I live in WI where there's sales tax so we always drive to MN so we can take advantage of no sales tax, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love that camera - well, at least I do! Can't wait to see some of the pictures you take :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Holly! I love your camera--I have a Nikon D40 which I'm more than a little obsessed with! :) Also, I don't know if you accept awards, but if you do, I just awarded you the Versatile Blogger award for your many talents. Come visit here for more details! http://vereen-davis.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-ever-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog via Fairy Tales are Truths, and I love it! I JUST got this same camera for my birthday last month. Yeah, I'm pretty obssessed with it. Can't wait to see the fun pics you'll take! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! having a digital SLR makes SUCH a big difference. I recently purchased the Canon t2i (following recommendations from photographers I know who shoot Canon), and I can't stop playing with it... so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the same camera! And I'm about to start a 30 day challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment