A little dream I have for my life is...

 To have my own art room someday.
I would love nothing more than to have a little corner of my house to be my own little creative space (and another corner for a walk-in-closet, another corner for a gourmet kitchen...) Really, (one day) when I have a grown-up house of my own, my requirement is that I must have my own art room. In past years the small apartment lifestyle is just not conducive to a huge messes of art supplies, crafting materials, unfinished projects, etc..

In college I had so many art spaces to work in... I had open studio hours, open darkroom hours... I had a space to go to 24 hours of each day to work on projects. I miss that. One day my art room will be comprised of a darkroom space, a painting space, a table space for crafty projects & anything else that I can cram in there!

Martha shared some of these craft spaces (below) a while ago, & they've been on my mind ever since. One day (hopefully soon) I hope to create something just like this for myself!


Speaking of art & creative things... Just a few days ago I e-mailed my new favorite artist, Lindsay over at Aisle to Aloha, to create some custom paintings for me. I am in awe of the cute work that Lindsay creates & it's really got me thinking lately about picking up for love for art&crafty things again... Check out her Etsy shop here! I couldn't mention her without including some of here work... How cute are these?
[art room photos via Martha, "Cuties" via Lindsay]

Comments

  1. oh how I would love a room like these. And the tie to spend in them. I'm begining to think work is oer rated :O and I should retire to all things crafty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREE! I would love nothing more than to quit my job & just be creative all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how i wish i had a room like that! and not just boxes with tons of craft supplies in our living room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'd love to have a room like that loft conversion picture! I'd be able to fit everything up there from sewing machines to printing presses!
    Envy...hehe

    Holly And the Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  5. these rooms are awesome. so much space to work!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment