I must clarify... "Weekend Highlights" is an extremely misleading title for this post. Since Thursday around 2pm we've been completely snowed in. We had a major storm come through and dump buckets upon buckets of snow and then freezing rain a few days later on top of all the snow. Portland is hardly equipped to handle even a few inches of snow, let alone over a foot. We left the house twice to walk down the street to get groceries, but other than that, we've been stuck at the house. We live at the bottom of a hill and there was NO way our car was getting up it (believe me, we tried :) ). Anyhoo, here were my weekend highlights (and not in order of most exciting, haha):
- Luke and I not killing each other! Our house is on the smaller side, so there's not much room to escape each other. We did surprisingly well, haha!
- taking care of Luke because he is sick :(
- Deep cleaning all the bathrooms in our house. I mean down on my hands and knees scrubbing the floors and cleaning all the nooks and crannies.
- Completely cleaning out our extra bedroom.
- Running many loads of laundry and organizing my closet.
- Watching the Olympics, a lot of them.
- Making these amazing chicken meatballs. I served our with whole wheat spaghetti.
- Burning through three candles, my favorites!
- Drinking wayyyy too much hot cocoa.
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and that it was better than ours ;)