Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009

It's now 2009!

As I look back on the events of 2008 I can't help but feel very fortunate for everything that has happened to me over the past year... I can honestly say that it was one of the best years of my life to date. So many new and exciting changes, so many great things have happened to me. I'm so grateful to be in the position that I'm in and so lucky to have been offered this opportunity here.

I left Portland (a city that I will always love) and moved to Seattle for my career. I miss Portland and my large friend network, but I'm also excited to build on that here in Seattle. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life! I've realized over the past year the friends that I don't need to hold on to and the friends that I need to keep... and what I'm left with is an amazing, eclectic group of people that light up my life.

Even though my Christmas break didn't turn out at all like I expected it to, I ended up having an amazing break none the less. I got to experience the bum life and just hang out and do whatever I wanted for two weeks (all paid too, hehe). I spent a lot of time catching up with good friends and spent time with a few new fun ones too. I had a wonderful NYE with a friend at a very fun, relaxing party... Couldn't think of a better way to welcome in the new year!

I am now back in Seattle and back to work. I'm so excited for this year and can't wait to see what happens! I'm excited for our season to start in April and hope Seattle starts to get excited about NW sports again. We'll see... I'm hoping for the best, as always.

It's going to be a great 2009, I can already tell :-)

<3 Holls

Comments