Sophie's new book!

I was so thrilled to learn today that my favorite author has just finished a new novel in the Shopaholic book series that I feel in love with during college! I didn't think that Sophie was going to write anymore books for this series, so this news comes as a shock, but a most pleasant one! Mini Shopaholic will be Sophie's newest book in the series and will come out this September.

All of Sophie's Shopaholic books (Confessions of Shopaholic, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister & Shopaholic and Baby) are so funny, witty and just delightful to read. The main character, Becky Bloomwood, believes that retail therapy is the answer to all of her problems. She knows she should stop her excessive spending, but she just can’t. She tries cutting back and she tries making more money; neither seem to work. The stories she concocts become increasingly outrageous as she tries to untangle her enormous piles of collecting debts. But you just can't help but fall in love with her quirky personality and her reasonings just make you laugh.

Shopie has also written some other great books (Can you Keep a Secret, The Un-Domestic Goddess, Remember Me & Twenties Girl). Like the shopaholic series, these books have fun-loving, quirky characters coupled with Sophie's witty and charming writing style. [For my birthday, Heather bought me Sophie's newest novel, Twenties Girl, which I am also very excited to get started on!]

I love Sophie's books because they let me relax and unwind. These books are just so much fun and are they are so creative. It's nice to just lose myself in a book and not worry about what else is going on in my world. It's such a great escape at the end of the day. If I'm having a rough day or just need a break, her books can always put me in a good mood, clear my head or just give me a quick dose of imagination before I finish my day.

Sophie's books just put a smile on my face :)

Comments