"One Year" Date Night


This past weekend Luke and I had a date night at the Metropolitan Grill. We dressed up all fancy and went downtown for dinner and drinks! I received a $125 gift certificate in the mail at work and decided it would be the perfect place to take Luke when he came to visit. I'm usually not a huge fan of steak, but here they are exceptional. Right when you walk in there is a display case that features the different types and cuts of steaks that are available [of course we only noticed this on the way out].


Our waitress was great and she had a very extensive knowledge of the menu; she gave detailed answers about everything. If you didn't know anything about steaks when you arrived, you would after you left! The prawns I had as an appetizer were ahhhhmazing and my filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes was perfect [I even had some to take home with me!].

When I made our reservations online, I noted that we were celebrating our one-year anniversary [this is neither true or untrue because we don't have a "date" to celebrate]. Our waitress was so kind to deliver us a crème brûlée to share [on the house]!

This was such a fun evening because we almost never go out to fancy places or dress up for a night on the town. And best of all, we got a $151 meal for around $45 [had to pay for drink and a nice tip...].

Comments