2010: A look back on one AWESOME year!


At the end of January, Luke & I traveled to Miami for a week to visit one of his best friends. We both fell in love with this town. South Beach, fruity [overpriced] drinks, palm trees, Miami Heat games... we can't wait to go back this July!


February was fun. Luke & I went to Lincoln City, OR for love weekend :) We also went curling for the first time, we were inspired by the winter Olympics...


Luke turned 28 in March. Jenni & I successfully threw him a surprise party! I took a half day at work and drove down to Portland for it! 


I turned 28 this month! The baseball season started in April, so I spent most of my time at work/games. I had a "Suite Night" on my birthday weekend & invited my family/good friends to join!


May was fun! Luke's parents came to visit at the end of the month [it was great to finally meet them!] We also made a trip to the Rose Gardens and the Oregon Zoo. [plus probably more baseball games...]


June = Summer! We went paddleboating on Green Lake for the first time & took in A LOT of baseball games. The Chicago Cubs were in town so Luke stayed with me for a week and we went to every game. I even managed to take him down to the field to watch BP!


The highlight of July was our long weekend vacation down to San Francisco. We ventured down here for July 4th & had an amazing time! Luke had never been here before, so I was excited to show him one of my most favorite cities!


August wasn't too memorable... I'm sure that all I did was work/games. Still fun though :)


September was awesome! Luke & I traveled to Chicago over Labor Day weekend. He is from NW Indiana [45 mins outside Chicago]. I had so much fun seeing where Luke grew up and spending time in his favorite city. We took in a Cubs game & got to hang out on the field pre-game [pretty sure Luke died and went to heaven this day]! In September I also started a 30 before 30 challenge!


Luke & I found REALLY cheap tickets for Denver - so we booked a very spontaneous trip for a long weekend! Denver was TOO much fun. We went on a brewery tour & spent a day walking around Boulder. We ate a lot of Mexican food & drank a lot of margaritas - I could get used to that! 


November = Thanksgiving! Seattle had a freak snow storm a few days before Thanksgiving, which forced the city to shut down... no work for me! :) In a past life I lived in Central Oregon where it snows all the time, so I'm blessed with the skills to drive in snow!


Merry Christmas! We spent Christmas at my parents house & the week between Christmas & New Years in Portland. Very relaxing! :) We had a great time catching up with lots of friends & family! I love the holidays!

Comments

Post a Comment