a lil Q & A time

The sweet blogger, Jillian, from Cornflake Dreams tagged me in a survey! I thought it would be fun to fill out, as I've loved reading these from other bloggers! Hope you enjoy!

 -- Q & A --

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A mind free of worries. Surrounded by loved ones. Enjoying a home-cooked meal. Sipping on a refreshing drink. Sunshine.
What is your greatest fear?
Losing someone that is close to me.


Which figures do you most identify with?
People that stick up for themselves & what they believe in.


What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Sometimes I am so ocd about the little things. I cannot sleep if there is something else on my bed other than my blanket and pillow. I cannot go to sleep with a messy room. I wont cook a meal unless all the dishes are washed and put a way first. And the list goes on...


What is the trait you most deplore in others?
People that are dishonest. I've never understood how people can be like this. 

What do you most value in your friends?
Honesty & loyalty. AND a good time :) 

What words or phrases do you most overuse?
ugh.

What is your favorite journey?
The journey I am on now :)
What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
People that are too honest, to the point of hurting your feelings.


What is your favorite occupation?
I really admire people that work in non-profits. Non-profits are such amazing organizations that rely on people with huge hearts.


What do you dislike most about your appearance?
As I get older my body takes a more womanly shape. I miss the days when my hips were smaller. *sigh*


What is your greatest regret?
I don't have any regrets. There are things I wish I could've done differently, but I can't say that I've ever regretted anything.


What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Luke. (insert big smile here!)


If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To care less about what others think.


Where and when were you happiest?
Anywhere with Luke.


What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
I've worked really hard in my career. Early on, I put in a lot of hard work & I still continue to work hard. My career is really important to me.


What is your most treasured possession?
Monkeykey. My little stuffed toy from my childhood.


What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Losing a loved one.


Where would you like to live?
Where do I begin?! On the list is: San Francisco, Portland, Chicago, Boston, Charleston, etc... My dream (& I know this is not feasible) would be to spend a few years in every city that I love, just moving from place to place.

I do have to tell you, when I see a breathtaking picture of San Francisco, sometimes my heart skips a beat. I don't know what it is about this city, but it holds a little spot in my heart.
What is your most marked characteristic?
I try to be optimistic and positive as often as possible :)


What is your greatest extravagance?
Designer purses. I have  lot. A few from Juicy Couture, a few more from Kate Spade, a lot more from Coach... I can't help it!


What are the qualities you most like in a man?
A sense of humor! & someone that is genuine.


Who are your favorite writers?
Sophie Kinsella.


How would you like to die?
It the most peaceful way possible. And preferably after living a long and fulfilled life, please.


Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
 Okay, keep this in mind before you read my answer, that this is based on the books I read (like super girly, fluffy, chick-lit books)... My hero of fiction would be the main character from the Devil Wears Prada. She works under some less than desirable conditions, but tries to make the best of it. She sticks up for herself in the end & ends up benefiting from it.


Who are your heroes in real life? 
My mom & dad. They are the best people I know, hands down.


What is your motto?
Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering. (I've always loved this quote. It's always inspired me to keep my camera w. me as often as possible.)


[all images via]

If you want to do this survery, too, Please do!

Comments

  1. loved learning more about you Holly!!

    I can't stand dishonesty either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah!! thanks for playing along, it was so nice to be able to get to know you more! xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to learn more about others! The Portland area is a great place to live, wink wink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just came across your blog! It's great! love learning all this info about you girl :) great post ! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post...I really love the images :)
    I love your motto very inspiring.
    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, LOVE your blog! Okay, I got that out in the open :)

    My inlaws live on Mercer Island, we visit 3-4 times a year, I love it there. Seattle is my fave.

    My stuffed toy from when I was young, my most treasured possession, is a monkey too, Big Monkey.

    Fun Q&A!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL!
    I love the pics! So cute and sweet!
    Nice blog!
    Follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!

    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment