DIY painted wall calendar

When I came across this project a while ago, I immediately bookmarked it for future reference. One day when I'm all grown up & have a house all my own, I'm going to re-create this painted chalkboard wall calendar. I have a few ideas tucked away to please my aesthetics (maybe more decorative edges, maybe piece a decorative frame around the calendar, come up with a more creative way to label the days, etc...). I look forward to making this project my own someday. Lets all cross our fingers that it happens sooner than later... ;)


Tools and Materials
Black chalkboard paint
White chalkboard paint
Pencil
Measuring Tape
Painters' Tape
Make Custom Color Chalkboard Paint.

Here's how mine could turn out! I created this one super fast in photoshop. I think it would be fun to add some wall decal borders from this website or this one, or some other decorative touches to give it a more personalized look. 
What do you think? 
Would you ever try this project in your home?

Comments

  1. We have a door in our kitchen covered in chalkboard paint and its absolutely fantastic! We use it more times per day than some of the kitchenware! I would love to have a whole wall, I think it'd be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I would love to have this in my office to keep up with deadlines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute idea! i would love to do this when i have a separate room for my office someday. have a great weekend lady! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally in like my art studio that I WILL have some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like this - have it bookmarked on pinterest too! should look really good in an office or work room to stay organized. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! It's definitely the type of project you can put your own stamp on!

    turn up the rad blog
    turn up the rad creative

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I absolutely think this is adorable! I've bookmarked it myself : ) And I actually love the little touches you put on the plans for your version. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I've wanted to do a project with chalkboard paint for a while now but it's one of those things that I never had a good enough idea to make that sort of painting commitment. I would definitely do something like this on a piece that could be removed if I wanted to move it or got tired of it over the years. But I absolutely love the idea and the look of the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that idea! It looks so cute and easy to implement - can't wait to see photos if you do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea!! Great for a home office...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute idea!!! The only thing is... I have had an aversion, since childhood, for chalk boards, and chalk. Something about the texture, the noise, the powderiness of chalk... yikes!!!!! I can't even write about it, and it makes me cringe! Haha :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's SO cute. I saw this on Pinterest and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment