Happy Kentucky Derby Day (tomorrow)

Tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby! I don't know you you all, but I l.o.v.e. this day. When I lived in Portland, my friends & I went to a Derby party at a super fun bar. Everyone dressed up, they served burgoo stew & mint juleps in commemorative derby glasses & someone in our group won a bottle of whiskey, so that was passed around the table, too :) It was a super fun event & I wished I would've planned something as exciting this year! Oh well, I'm reliving that party a few years ago with my photos below:


Are you celebrating what is dubbed the greatest two minutes in sports?
If so, are you dressing up & drinking mint juleps? That's the best part :)

Comments

  1. i <3 derby day too. my family used to host a derby party every year - with mint juleps and lots of betting : ) it was a fun time!

    cute blog!
    cheers,
    cailen
    www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN! I went to the Derby last year and it was a blast. Enjoy your Mint Juleps :)
    www.SproutThroughConcrete.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Derby day and dream about being able to go one day. Your Derby hats are absolutely gorg! Love your blog and I am your newest follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. the hats are so cute!

    thanks so much for your sweet comment :)

    xo.ashley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment