That one time we went to Austin, Texas | APRIL 2016

I can't believe that I missed posting about our time in Austin, Texas! Austin had been on my travel list for as long as I could remember. We booked a trip last year (for my birthday) and had the absolute best time exploring for a very, very long weekend. Heather even met up with Luke and I! This is a city I definitely want to spend more time in. I see another Austin trip in my future!

Where we ate/drank:
Hotel San Jose: We stopped here for drinks right when we got into town. A rainstorm came through right when we arrived but the patio was covered, so all was good!
Fixe: On our first night in town we met some friends that live in Austin for dinner at Fixe. It was one amazing meal!
Torchy's Tacos: We might have gone here three times... This is the place where I discovered my love of breakfast tacos. They are seriously life changing.
Tacodeli: We were told you either like Torchy's or Tacodeli. We liked Torchy's...
Gourdough's Doughnuts: So indulgent! We got one doughnut and shared it between 3 people.
The Salt Lick: Because we were looking for some good old Texas barbecue.
Winflo: We met Jessica and Matt here for happy hour one night and it was so much fun. I met Jessica through blogging and this was the first time meeting in person. She was the sweetest and we all had a great time getting to know each other.
Licha's Cantina: Our last meal of the trip, so sad. We discovered green salsa here and I've tried to re-recate it at home multiple times.

What we loved:
Everything on South Congress, the Mexican food, Barton Springs, walking around the UT campus, touring the Texas State Capitol building, exploring different neighborhoods, becoming addicted to breakfast tacos, finding murals all over the city,


FUN FACT: We met Mark and Sara in Mexico, just days before our wedding. We met them at the swim-up bar at the hotel we were staying at and they became instant friends with our group.
We invited them to our wedding and Mark caught the garter! We've stayed friends in the past few years and met up with them for my birthday dinner on our first night in Austin.


These are the breakfast tacos that changed my life. No joke. 
They are from Torchy's Tacos and they are nothing short of absolutely amazing. 

*The nice camera didn't make it on this trip, all photos are courtesy of the iPhone. 

Comments