Recent Reads V.6

Here's what I've been reading (and listening to) lately. A friend from work told me about the Libby app and it's been a lifesaver recently. With our stay at home orders in Oregon, all the public libraries are closed for the time being, but you can still "borrow" ebooks and audiobooks from the library and it couldn't be easier! If you have a library card, just enter your number in the Libby app and you can start borrowing from your local library.

I read a few of the books below and then also listened to a few of them on audiobook. I find that I'm able to get through a book faster when I listen to it. Being at home 99.9% of the time now I've been listening to audiobooks when I clean the house, when I'm putting a puzzle together, cooking, going on a walk, etc. What a game change this has been. I'm wondering why I'm just now catching on this this tough, haha!
Open Book | I read Jessica Simpson's book in a few days, it was such an easy read. Jessica is very candid about her life and her struggles as she navigates her relationships, career and fame. It was a fun read and I found that I relate to her in so many ways.
(4 stars)

Twice in a Blue Moon | I loved the last Christina Lauren book that I read so I thought I would give this one a try! I read it on a recent vacation and it was a cute and fun YA read.
(3.75 stars)

To all the Boys I've Loved Before | I really should have read this before I saw the movie! Although the movie and the book don't share a lot of the same details I still found it absolutely adorable.
(4 stars)

P.S. I Still Love You | Just like the first book in the series, I should have read this before I watched the first two movies. While there still are some similarities between the book and the movie, they are quite different - it's still adorable though!
(4 stars)

Tiny Little Thing | This is the first book that Beatriz Williams wrote in her "Schuyler Sisters series". I had already read books 2 and 3... and loved this one as well. You don't necessarily have to read them in order, I don't think you'd be lost if you didn't as the storylines focus on different characters/sisters. In true Beatriz Williams fashion she weaves in and out of different time periods and even throws a family scandal or tow in there!
(4 stars)

Evvie Drake Stars Over | I thought this book was the cutest, a little predictable, but the cutest. Evvie is trying to move on with her life after the death of her husband and rents out a spare room to a retired  New York Yaknees pitcher who's also trying to move on with his life after a career-ending injury.
(4 stars)

Comments